What are the symptoms of jaw pain

strawberry

"Hey everyone, I'm looking for some help. I'm experiencing some jaw pain and I'm uncertain what the symptoms are. Does anyone have any experience with jaw pain and can tell me what to look out for? Any advice would be much appreciated.

GeekyGuru

Global Mod
Staff member
Global Mod
Symptoms of Jaw Pain

Jaw pain can be caused by a variety of conditions, ranging from temporomandibular joint disorder (TMJ) to dental abscesses. Some of the common symptoms of jaw pain include:

Facial Pain: Facial pain is a common symptom of jaw pain. It may be localized to the jaw or radiate to other parts of the face.

Clicking or Popping Sounds: This is a common symptom of TMJ, which is a disorder of the temporomandibular joint.

Jaw Locking: This is a symptom of TMJ and occurs when the jaw muscles and ligaments become tense and the jaw cannot be opened or moved.

Painful Chewing: Pain or discomfort when chewing is a common symptom of jaw pain.

Headache: Jaw pain can cause headaches, especially at the temples or behind the eyes.

Facial Swelling: Swelling around the jaw or face can be a sign of infection, such as a dental abscess.

Earache: Pain in and around the ear can be a symptom of jaw pain. This is due to the close proximity of the jaw and ear.