What are the symptoms of infection in the body

DreamWeaver

Hello everyone,

I'm wondering if anyone can help me understand more about the symptoms of infection in the body. I'm concerned that I might have an infection and I'm trying to find out what the possible signs and symptoms are. Can anyone share any insight or experience they have in this area? Any advice would be greatly appreciated.

KnowledgeKnight

Global Mod
Staff member
Global Mod
General Symptoms of Infection

The most common symptoms of an infection include:

Fever: A fever is an increase in body temperature above the normal range. It is often one of the first signs of an infection.

Chills: Chills can occur when the body temperature rises rapidly due to infection. They are usually accompanied by shivering and feeling cold.

Headache: Headaches are common with infections, especially in the presence of fever.

Fatigue: Fatigue is a feeling of extreme tiredness or exhaustion. It is common with infections and can last for days or weeks.

Muscle aches: Muscle aches, also known as myalgia, can be a sign of an infection.

Nausea: Nausea is a feeling of discomfort in the stomach that can lead to vomiting. It is often seen with infections, especially those that cause fever.

Diarrhea: Diarrhea is a frequent urge to pass loose watery stools. It is a common symptom of many infections.

Less Common Symptoms of Infection

In addition to the above symptoms, there are some less common symptoms of infection which can include:

Coughing: Coughing is a common symptom of respiratory infections.

Sore throat: Sore throats are often seen in cases of infection.

Runny nose: A runny nose is a common symptom of a viral or bacterial infection.

Skin rash: Skin rashes can be a sign of an infection, especially in cases of bacterial skin infections.

Joint pain: Joint pain can be seen with some types of infection, such as viral arthritis.

Swollen lymph nodes: Swollen lymph nodes are often seen in cases of infection.