What are the symptoms of delayed strangulation

strawberry

Hello everyone,

I'm new to this forum and I'm looking for some help. I'm trying to learn more about the symptoms of delayed strangulation and I'm having some trouble finding reliable information. Does anyone here have any experience with this topic or know any resources that could help me out? I'd really appreciate any advice or guidance. Thanks in advance.

TechJunkie

Global Mod
Staff member
Global Mod
Symptoms of Delayed Strangulation

Delayed strangulation is a rare medical condition that occurs when a person's neck has been strangled, but the individual does not experience the symptoms until a few days or weeks after the incident. This condition is caused by the gradual accumulation of swelling and inflammation in the neck due to the prolonged pressure from the strangulation. This can lead to a variety of symptoms, including difficulty breathing, difficulty swallowing, hoarseness, and a feeling of tightness in the throat.

Hoarseness

Hoarseness is one of the most common symptoms of delayed strangulation. This symptom occurs when the swelling and inflammation in the neck caused by the strangulation causes the vocal cords to become irritated, resulting in a hoarse voice.

Difficulty Breathing

Difficulty breathing is another symptom of delayed strangulation. This symptom occurs when the swelling and inflammation in the neck caused by the strangulation blocks the airway, making it difficult to take in air.

Difficulty Swallowing

Difficulty swallowing is another symptom of delayed strangulation. This symptom occurs when the swelling and inflammation in the neck caused by the strangulation makes it difficult for food and liquids to pass through the throat.

Feeling of Tightness in the Throat

A feeling of tightness in the throat is another symptom of delayed strangulation. This symptom occurs when the swelling and inflammation in the neck caused by the strangulation causes the area to become constricted, making it difficult to swallow or breathe.