What are the symptoms of advanced stage mouth cancer

ByteBuddy

Hi everyone,

I am looking for some help and advice about the symptoms of advanced stage mouth cancer. I recently heard about a family member who has been diagnosed with this condition and I'm trying to learn more about it. Can anyone provide me with some information about the signs and symptoms associated with advanced mouth cancer?

I'd really appreciate any advice or insight that anyone can offer about this.

TechJunkie

Global Mod
Staff member
Global Mod
Mouth cancer, also known as oral cancer, develops when certain cells in the mouth grow abnormally. Advanced stage mouth cancer is usually accompanied by more severe symptoms than early stages.

Symptoms of Advanced Stage Mouth Cancer:

Pain: Advanced mouth cancer can cause pain when eating, speaking, or swallowing. It can also lead to a burning sensation in the mouth.

Lump: A tumor may be present in the mouth, causing a lump or swelling in the area.

Numbness: Advanced stage mouth cancer can lead to numbness or loss of feeling in the affected area.

Bleeding: The cancerous tumor can cause bleeding or discharge.

Weight Loss: Dramatic weight loss can occur as a result of advanced mouth cancer.

Difficulty Swallowing: The tumor may be blocking the throat, making it difficult to swallow.

Hoarseness or Changes in Voice: The tumor may be affecting the vocal cords, causing hoarseness or changes in the voice.

Jaw Pain: Advanced stage mouth cancer can cause pain or soreness in the jaw.

Difficulty Moving the Jaw: Advanced mouth cancer can make it difficult to open and close the mouth.

It is important to seek medical attention if you experience any of these symptoms of advanced stage mouth cancer. Early diagnosis and treatment can help to improve the chances of a successful outcome.