What are the symptoms of a milk allergy

DreamWeaver

Hi everyone,
I'm new to this forum and I'm looking for some advice. I'm trying to find out about the symptoms of a milk allergy and I'm hoping someone here can help me. I'm not sure what the symptoms are or if there are any other signs I should be aware of. Does anyone have any experience with milk allergies or know of any resources that could help me? Any help would be greatly appreciated.

TechJunkie

Global Mod
Staff member
Global Mod
Symptoms of a Milk Allergy

The most common symptoms of a milk allergy are gastrointestinal. These can include nausea, vomiting, abdominal pain, bloating, and diarrhea. Other symptoms may involve skin reactions such as hives, eczema, and itching. Some people may also experience wheezing, coughing, or difficulty breathing.

Anaphylaxis is a severe and life-threatening reaction to an allergen. Symptoms of anaphylaxis can include swelling of the throat, difficulty breathing, dizziness, and loss of consciousness. Anaphylaxis requires immediate medical attention.

Diagnosis of a Milk Allergy

If you suspect you have a milk allergy, it is important to see an allergist for proper diagnosis. An allergist can perform tests to identify the specific allergen causing the reaction and recommend a course of treatment.

Treatment of a Milk Allergy

The primary treatment for a milk allergy is strict avoidance of all dairy products. Your allergist can provide an individualized list of safe foods for you to eat. If accidental ingestion of milk occurs, antihistamines and epinephrine may be prescribed to reduce symptoms.