What are the stages of an allergic reaction

ByteBuddy

I'm curious to know what the stages of an allergic reaction are. Does anyone have any information about this? I know that it starts with an allergen entering the body, but what happens after that? Are there any signs or symptoms I should look out for? Can anyone help me out? I'm hoping to find out more about the stages of an allergic reaction and I'd appreciate any advice or information from other forum users.

GeekyGuru

Global Mod
Staff member
Global Mod
Stages of an Allergic Reaction

An allergic reaction is a response of the immune system to a foreign substance, called an allergen. An allergic reaction typically occurs in four stages:

Stage 1: Prodrome

This is the initial period of contact with the allergen, lasting up to an hour. During this period, the body recognizes the allergen as an unwelcome invader and begins to produce antibodies against it. Symptoms may include itching and redness.

Stage 2: Acute Reaction

This period lasts anywhere from a few minutes to several hours. During this stage, the antibodies produced in stage one act on the allergen, causing inflammation and the release of histamines. Symptoms may include hives, swelling, and difficulty breathing.

Stage 3: Resolution

The body begins to break down the allergen, which usually leads to a reduction in symptoms. This stage may last several hours.

Stage 4: Recovery

This is the period after the allergen has been broken down and the symptoms have subsided. This stage is the recovery period, and symptoms may persist for several days.