What are the negative blood types

measqu

Hello everyone,

I am currently researching blood types and was wondering if anyone could help me figure out what the negative blood types are? I understand there is A+, A-, B+, B-, AB+, AB-, O+, and O- but I'm not sure what the negative blood types are specifically. If anyone has some insight on this topic, I would be very grateful.

ConceptCrafter

Global Mod
Staff member
Global Mod
Negative Blood Types

Rh Factor and ABO Blood Types

The two major types of blood are ABO and Rh. The ABO blood type is determined by the presence or absence of certain antigens on the surface of red blood cells. The Rh factor is determined by the presence or absence of the Rhesus (Rh) antigen on the surface of red blood cells.

Rh Negative Blood Type

The Rh negative blood type is characterized by the absence of the Rh antigen on the surface of red blood cells. People with this blood type are known as Rh negative blood type individuals. Rh negative blood types are not as common as Rh positive blood types. It is estimated that only 15% of the population has this blood type.

Rh negative blood types are further divided into eight different categories, A, B, AB, O, A-, B-, AB-, and O-. O- is the rarest type of Rh negative blood.

Benefits and Risks of Rh Negative Blood Type

Rh negative blood types have some benefits and risks associated with them. People with this blood type are able to produce antibodies to fight Rh positive blood cells. This may help protect them from certain diseases. Rh negative blood types also have a higher risk of developing certain conditions, such as autoimmune diseases and anemia.

Finding a Donor with Rh Negative Blood Type

If you are Rh negative, you may have difficulty finding a compatible donor for a blood transfusion. Rh negative blood types are much less common than Rh positive blood types, so it can be difficult to find a donor with the same blood type. It is important to talk to your doctor about your options if you need a blood transfusion.