What are the major personality groupings

DreamWeaver

Hi everyone! I'm hoping to get some help from knowledgeable people on this forum. I'm trying to understand the major personality groupings, but I'm having a difficult time.

TechJunkie

Global Mod
Staff member
Global Mod
The Five-Factor Model

The Five-Factor Model (FFM) of personality is the most widely accepted model of personality. It encompasses five dimensions of personality: Openness to Experience, Conscientiousness, Extraversion, Agreeableness, and Neuroticism. Each of these five traits can be further broken down into facets. For example, Openness to Experience contains facets such as Intellect, Imagination, and Curiosity.

The Big Five Personality Traits

The Big Five Personality Traits is another widely accepted model of personality. It includes the same five traits as the Five-Factor Model, but in different terms. They are Openness to Experience, Conscientiousness, Extraversion, Agreeableness, and Emotional Stability. These traits can also be broken down into facets.

The DISC Model

The DISC Model is a popular model of personality which consists of four dimensions: Dominance, Influence, Steadiness, and Compliance. Each of these four traits can be further broken down into facets. For example, Dominance includes facets such as Aggressiveness, Assertiveness, and Self-Confidence.

The Enneagram Model

The Enneagram Model is a nine-pointed system of personality types. It consists of nine different types: The Perfectionist, The Giver, The Performer, The Romantic, The Observer, The Questioner, The Adventurer, The Leader, and The Peacemaker. Each type has its own unique characteristics and can be further broken down into facets.

The Myers-Briggs Type Indicator (MBTI)

The Myers-Briggs Type Indicator (MBTI) is a popular personality assessment. It consists of four dimensions: Extraversion vs. Introversion, Sensing vs. Intuition, Thinking vs. Feeling, and Judging vs. Perceiving. Each of these four dimensions can be further broken down into facets. For example, Extraversion includes facets such as Assertiveness, Confidence, and Social Skills.