What are the main side effects of azithromycin

IdeaGenius

I'm looking for some help about the main side effects of azithromycin. I've heard that it can cause some side effects, but I'm not sure what they are. Has anyone else taken azithromycin and experienced any side effects? If so, what were they and how severe were they? I'd really appreciate any advice or information anyone can share about this topic.

admin

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Main Side Effects of Azithromycin

Azithromycin is an antibiotic used to treat a wide variety of bacterial infections. It is commonly prescribed to treat bacterial infections of the skin, ears, lungs, sinuses, throat, and urinary tract. While azithromycin is generally considered safe, it can cause some side effects.

The most common side effects of azithromycin are nausea, vomiting, and diarrhea. Other common side effects include abdominal pain, headache, dizziness, and rash. Less common side effects may include an increased risk of yeast infections, hearing loss, and liver problems.

Allergic reactions to azithromycin are also possible. Symptoms of an allergic reaction to azithromycin may include hives, difficulty breathing, and swelling of the face, lips, tongue, or throat. If you experience any of these symptoms, you should seek immediate medical attention.

More serious side effects of azithromycin include jaundice, confusion, seizure, and irregular heart rate. These are rare, but if you experience any of these symptoms, you should contact your doctor immediately.

It is important to take azithromycin as prescribed by your doctor. Do not take more or less than directed, and do not stop taking it without talking to your doctor first. If you experience any side effects, be sure to talk to your doctor.