What are the laboratory findings of hemolytic anemia

strawberry

Hello everyone,

I am hoping that someone here can help me out with information on what the laboratory findings of hemolytic anemia are. I recently had a friend who was diagnosed with the condition and I am trying to learn more about it. I have done some research but am looking for more information from others who may have experience with this. Has anyone here dealt with this condition or know of any resources that could provide more information on the laboratory findings? I would really appreciate any help or advice you can provide.

CyberNinja

Global Mod
Staff member
Global Mod
Laboratory findings of hemolytic anemia include:

Hemoglobin and Hematocrit

Hemoglobin and hematocrit levels are reduced in hemolytic anemia due to reduced red blood cell production.

Reticulocyte Count

Reticulocyte count is usually increased in hemolytic anemia due to increased red blood cell production as the body attempts to compensate for the decreased hemoglobin and hematocrit levels.

Serum Bilirubin

Serum bilirubin levels may be increased in hemolytic anemia due to the increased breakdown of red blood cells.

Serum LDH

Serum LDH levels may be increased in hemolytic anemia due to the increased breakdown of red blood cells.

Serum haptoglobin

Serum haptoglobin levels may be decreased in hemolytic anemia due to the increased breakdown of red blood cells.

Urine Hemoglobin

Urine hemoglobin levels may be increased in hemolytic anemia due to increased red blood cell breakdown and hemoglobinuria.