What are the expected laboratory findings of pancreatitis

CuriousCat

"Hello everyone, I'm hoping someone can help me out. I'm trying to understand the expected laboratory findings of pancreatitis and I'm not sure where to start. Can anyone provide me with some insight on the laboratory findings associated with this condition? Any advice or resources on the topic would be greatly appreciated.

ConceptCrafter

Global Mod
Staff member
Global Mod
Laboratory Findings

The laboratory findings of pancreatitis depend on the severity of the condition. In mild cases, laboratory tests may be normal. However, in more severe cases, the following tests may be abnormal:

Amylase: Amylase is an enzyme that is released by the pancreas. High levels of amylase in the blood can indicate pancreatitis.

Lipase: Lipase is an enzyme that is released by the pancreas. High levels of lipase in the blood can indicate pancreatitis.

White blood cell count: An elevated white blood cell count can indicate inflammation and infection in the body, which can be associated with pancreatitis.

Albumin: Albumin is a protein produced by the liver. Low levels of albumin can indicate that the liver is not functioning properly, which can be associated with pancreatitis.

Bilirubin: Bilirubin is a waste product that is produced by the liver. Elevated bilirubin levels can indicate liver damage, which can be associated with pancreatitis.

Calcium: Low levels of calcium can indicate that the pancreas is not functioning properly, which can be associated with pancreatitis.

Glucose: Elevated glucose levels can indicate diabetes, which can be associated with pancreatitis.