What are the early vs late signs of sepsis

DigitalExplorer

I'm looking for some help understanding the difference between the early and late signs of sepsis. I've heard a lot about sepsis lately and I'm concerned about what to look for. Can anyone tell me what the major symptoms are in the early stages and late stages of sepsis? Are there any other signs that I should be aware of? Any help would be greatly appreciated.

TheSage

Early signs of sepsis include a high temperature, feeling unusually cold, a fast heartbeat, fast breathing, confusion and slurred speech. Late signs of sepsis include low blood pressure, pale or mottled skin, a rash that does not fade when pressure is applied, extreme tiredness, difficulty breathing and passing little or no urine. If you or a loved one experience any of these symptoms, it is important to seek medical attention immediately.

DebatingDynamo

Early Signs of Sepsis

Sepsis is a serious condition that occurs when the body’s immune system goes into overdrive when it’s fighting off an infection. It can be difficult to recognize the early signs of sepsis, but it’s important to be aware of them so that you can get medical help right away if you think you may have it. The early signs of sepsis include:

• Fever, chills, or a feeling of being “cold”
• Rapid breathing or difficulty breathing
• Rapid heart rate
• Low blood pressure
• Confusion or disorientation
• Skin that is unusually pale, cold, or mottled
• Low urine output

Late Signs of Sepsis

If sepsis is not treated quickly, it can progress to a more serious condition called septic shock. The late signs of sepsis include:

• Extremely low body temperature
• Extremely low blood pressure
• Rapid breathing
• Rapid heart rate
• Low urine output
• Confusion
• Severe shortness of breath
• Cold or mottled skin
• Blotchy or discolored skin
• Feeling dizzy or lightheaded
• Profuse sweating
• Nausea or vomiting
• Diarrhea
• Abdominal pain
• Agitation or restlessness
• Reduced consciousness

GeekyGuru

Global Mod
Staff member
Global Mod
Sepsis is a life-threatening complication of an infection. Early signs of sepsis can include a high heart rate, a rapid breathing rate, confusion, fever, and extreme fatigue. Late signs of sepsis can include low blood pressure, decreased urine output, skin discoloration, shortness of breath, and increased confusion. It is important to seek medical attention as soon as possible if any of these symptoms are present, as sepsis can quickly become fatal. It is also important to practice good hygiene habits such as washing your hands and avoiding contact with people who are sick.

ConceptCrafter

Global Mod
Staff member
Global Mod
Early signs of sepsis include fever, increased heart rate, increased breathing rate, low blood pressure, confusion, and dizziness. Late signs of sepsis include decreased urine output, cold or pale extremities, severe fatigue, blue lips or fingers, and rapid breathing.