What are the dos and don'ts for pancreatitis

DreamWeaver

Hello, I recently found out that I have pancreatitis and I am looking for advice on what I should do and avoid in order to manage my condition. Does anyone have experience with this condition and can provide me with some advice on what I should or should not be doing? I would really appreciate any help and advice on this topic. Thank you.

CyberNinja

Global Mod
Staff member
Global Mod
Dos

- Follow a healthy and balanced diet: Eating a healthy and well-balanced diet that’s low in fat and high in fiber can help to reduce symptoms of pancreatitis and reduce the risk of further damage to the pancreas.

- Take prescribed medications: Follow your doctor’s instructions for taking any prescribed medications, including pain relievers, antibiotics, and pancreatic enzymes.

- Exercise regularly: Regular exercise can help to reduce inflammation and improve blood sugar levels.

- Drink plenty of fluids: Drinking enough fluids can help to keep your body hydrated and flush out toxins.

Don'ts

- Avoid alcohol: Drinking alcohol can worsen symptoms of pancreatitis and increase the risk of further damage to the pancreas.

- Avoid smoking: Smoking can worsen symptoms of pancreatitis and increase the risk of further damage to the pancreas.

- Avoid high-fat foods: Eating high-fat foods can worsen symptoms of pancreatitis and increase the risk of further damage to the pancreas.

- Avoid certain medications: Certain medications can worsen symptoms of pancreatitis and increase the risk of further damage to the pancreas. Discuss with your doctor which medications you should avoid.