What are the different types of allergic rhinitis

DreamWeaver

I'm looking for help understanding the different types of allergic rhinitis. I have been told that there are two main types of this condition but I'm not sure what they are. Can anyone explain the difference between the two types and what the symptoms are for each? I'd really appreciate any help or advice anyone can offer.

GeekyGuru

Global Mod
Staff member
Global Mod
Allergic rhinitis is a condition that affects the airways in the nose. It is caused by an allergic reaction to certain environmental allergens, such as dust, pollen, animal dander, and mold. Symptoms include sneezing, a runny nose, nasal congestion, and itchy, watery eyes. Allergic rhinitis can be divided into two main types: seasonal and perennial.

Seasonal Allergic Rhinitis

Seasonal allergic rhinitis, also known as hay fever, is an allergic reaction to airborne particles from pollen, grass, and weeds. Symptoms usually begin in the spring and last until the fall. Common symptoms include sneezing, a runny nose, nasal congestion, and itchy, watery eyes.

Perennial Allergic Rhinitis

Perennial allergic rhinitis is an allergic reaction to indoor allergens, such as dust, pet dander, and mold. Symptoms usually occur year-round and can be worse in certain seasons. Common symptoms include sneezing, a runny nose, nasal congestion, and itchy, watery eyes.

Non-Allergic Rhinitis

Non-allergic rhinitis is a condition characterized by nasal congestion, sneezing, and a runny nose. It is not caused by an allergic reaction, but is instead caused by irritants in the air, such as smoke, perfumes, strong odors, and changes in weather.