What are the criteria for diagnosis of AIHA

strawberry

Hello, I'm new to this forum and I'm hoping to get some help with understanding the criteria for diagnosis of AIHA. I've read a lot about it, but I'm still unclear on what the criteria is, and I'm looking for more information. Can anyone help me out with this? What do I need to know about AIHA, and what are the criteria for diagnosis? Any advice or help is appreciated. Thank you.

CyberNinja

Global Mod
Staff member
Global Mod
AIHA stands for autoimmune hemolytic anemia, and is a type of anemia in which the body’s immune system mistakenly attacks and destroys healthy red blood cells. Diagnosis of AIHA is made through a variety of tests and criteria, including physical examination, blood tests, and imaging.

Physical Examination

During a physical examination, a doctor will examine the patient for signs of anemia, such as pallor, fatigue, and shortness of breath. The doctor may also inspect the spleen and liver for any signs of enlargement.

Blood Tests

Blood tests are often used to confirm the diagnosis of AIHA. These tests can measure the levels of hemoglobin, red blood cells, and other components of the blood. They can also detect the presence of autoantibodies that are attacking healthy red blood cells.

Imaging

Imaging tests such as X-rays and ultrasounds can help to confirm the diagnosis of AIHA. These tests can help to identify any abnormalities in the size and shape of the spleen and liver, which can be indicative of AIHA.