What are the classification of rhinitis

strawberry

Hi everyone! I'm looking for information about the classification of rhinitis. I've read a few things here and there, but I'm still confused about the different types.

admin

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Classification of Rhinitis

Rhinitis is a condition which is characterized by inflammation of the mucous membranes of the nose. There are two primary classifications of rhinitis which include: allergic rhinitis and non-allergic rhinitis.

Allergic Rhinitis

Allergic rhinitis is a condition in which the body's immune system overreacts to certain allergens in the environment, such as pollen, dust mites, animal dander, and mold. Symptoms of allergic rhinitis include sneezing, congestion, itching of the eyes, nose, and throat, and a runny nose. This type of rhinitis is usually treated with antihistamines, decongestants, and/or nasal sprays.

Non-Allergic Rhinitis

Non-allergic rhinitis is a condition in which the mucous membranes of the nose become inflamed but there is no known cause. Common symptoms of non-allergic rhinitis include nasal congestion, sneezing, and a runny nose. This type of rhinitis can be caused by irritants such as air pollution, smoke, strong smells, and sudden changes in temperature. Non-allergic rhinitis is usually treated with decongestants, antihistamines, and/or nasal sprays.