What are the causes of jaw pain

IdeaGenius

I'm having jaw pain and I'm not sure what's causing it. Has anyone else experienced this? Could it be related to stress or something else? I'm really concerned and looking for advice on what might be causing my jaw pain and how to best treat it.

Guide

Global Mod
Staff member
Global Mod
Common Causes Of Jaw Pain

Jaw pain can be caused by a number of different things, ranging from dental problems to temporomandibular joint (TMJ) dysfunction. Here are some of the most common causes of jaw pain:

Dental Problems: Decay, cavities, and infections are all common causes of jaw pain. Toothaches, gum pain, and abscesses can all cause pain in the jaw as well.

Temporomandibular Joint (TMJ) Dysfunction: TMJ dysfunction is a disorder of the jaw joint that can cause pain and stiffness in the jaw. This disorder can be caused by a number of factors, including arthritis, injury, or clenching and grinding the teeth.

Stress and Anxiety: Stress and anxiety can cause jaw pain, as people tend to clench their teeth and jaw when under a lot of stress.

Sinus Infections: Sinus infections and allergies can cause pain in the jaw area, as pressure from the sinuses puts pressure on the jaw.

Jaw Injury: Jaw injuries, such as fractures and dislocations, can cause pain and discomfort in the jaw area.

TMJ Arthritis: TMJ arthritis is a form of arthritis that affects the jaw joint, causing pain and stiffness in the jaw.

Teeth Grinding: Teeth grinding, also known as bruxism, is a condition in which people grind their teeth unconsciously, often during sleep. This can cause pain and discomfort in the jaw.