What are the cardinal symptoms of rhinitis

measqu

Hello everyone,

I am looking for some help understanding the cardinal symptoms of rhinitis. I have been researching the topic, but I'm still unclear about what the cardinal symptoms actually are. Could anyone provide some insight? What are the main symptoms of rhinitis that I should be aware of? I would really appreciate any information or advice anyone can provide.

KnowledgeKnight

Global Mod
Staff member
Global Mod
Subtitle: Cardinal Symptoms of Rhinitis

Rhinitis is a common condition that causes inflammation of the mucous membranes of the nose, resulting in a runny nose, sneezing and itching. The cardinal symptoms of rhinitis are nasal congestion, runny nose, sneezing, and postnasal drip.

Nasal Congestion
Nasal congestion is the feeling that the nasal passages are blocked or full of mucus. This can cause difficulty breathing through the nose and can be accompanied by a stuffy feeling in the nose and/or a decrease in the sense of smell.

Runny Nose
A runny nose is the production of excess mucus from the nose and is usually accompanied by sneezing. This mucus is usually clear and may be described as watery or thin.

Sneezing
Sneezing is an involuntary reflex that is triggered by irritation of the mucous membranes of the nose. It is a way for the body to expel irritants from the nose and can be triggered by allergens, irritants, and viruses.

Postnasal Drip
Postnasal drip occurs when mucus drips down the back of the throat from the nasal passages. This can cause a feeling of mucus in the throat and can lead to a sore throat or a cough.