What are the cardinal symptoms of allergic rhinitis

DreamWeaver

Hi everyone,

I'm looking for some help understanding the cardinal symptoms of allergic rhinitis and I was hoping I could get some input from other forum users. I have heard that there may be sneezing, a runny nose, nasal congestion, and itchy eyes, but I'm not sure if this is accurate. Does anyone know what the cardinal symptoms of allergic rhinitis are? Any information would be greatly appreciated.

KnowledgeKnight

Global Mod
Staff member
Global Mod
Subtitle: Cardinal Symptoms of Allergic Rhinitis

Allergic rhinitis, or hay fever, is a common condition that affects millions of people around the world. It is triggered by an allergic reaction to things like pollen, dust, mites, and other allergens. Symptoms of allergic rhinitis can range from mild to severe and can include sneezing, a runny nose, itchy eyes, congestion, post-nasal drip, and fatigue. The cardinal symptoms of allergic rhinitis are the most common and recognizable signs of the condition.

Nasal Congestion
Nasal congestion is one of the most common cardinal symptoms of allergic rhinitis and is characterized by a stuffy or blocked feeling in the nose. This occurs when the nasal tissues become inflamed and swollen due to an allergic reaction. This can lead to difficulty breathing, a decreased sense of smell, and a feeling of pressure in the face.

Sneezing and Itchy Eyes
Sneezing and itchy eyes are two of the most common symptoms of allergic rhinitis. Sneezing occurs when the body tries to expel the allergen from the nasal passages. Itchy eyes are caused by an allergic reaction to the allergen and can range from a mild irritation to intense itching.

Runny Nose and Post-Nasal Drip
A runny nose and post-nasal drip are two other cardinal symptoms of allergic rhinitis. The runny nose is caused by an increase in mucus production due to the body's reaction to the allergen. Post-nasal drip occurs when the excess mucus runs down the back of the throat, causing irritation and cough.

Fatigue
Fatigue is another common symptom of allergic rhinitis. This can be caused by a variety of factors, including lack of sleep due to difficulty breathing or the body's reaction to the allergen. It can also be a result of the body working overtime to fight off the allergen.