What are the big six personality disorders

strawberry

Hi everyone,
I'm wondering if any of you could help me out with something - I'm trying to learn about the big six personality disorders and I'm a bit confused. Could someone explain what the big six personality disorders are, and how they differ from one another? Any help would be greatly appreciated.

admin

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Subtitle: Big Six Personality Disorders

The Big Six Personality Disorders are a group of mental health conditions that are characterized by a pervasive pattern of inner experiences and behaviors that deviate significantly from what is considered to be normal. These disorders affect how a person interacts with the world, their relationships, and their own self-image. The Big Six Personality Disorders are:

Borderline Personality Disorder: People with Borderline Personality Disorder (BPD) experience extreme mood swings, have difficulty regulating their emotions, and often engage in impulsive and risky behaviors. They may also have difficulty developing and maintaining relationships.

Narcissistic Personality Disorder: People with Narcissistic Personality Disorder (NPD) have an inflated sense of self-importance and an excessive need for admiration. They may be arrogant and lack empathy for others.

Antisocial Personality Disorder: People with Antisocial Personality Disorder (ASPD) have a disregard for the rights of others and often disregard social norms. They may be aggressive and deceitful and engage in criminal behavior.

Avoidant Personality Disorder: People with Avoidant Personality Disorder (APD) have a fear of rejection or disapproval and avoid social situations as a result. They may feel inadequate and have difficulty forming relationships.

Obsessive-Compulsive Personality Disorder: People with Obsessive-Compulsive Personality Disorder (OCPD) have an excessive need for order and control. They may be overly critical of themselves and others and have difficulty making decisions.

Schizotypal Personality Disorder: People with Schizotypal Personality Disorder (SPD) have difficulty forming relationships and often experience paranoia and have bizarre thoughts or behaviors. They may also have difficulty understanding social cues and expressing themselves.