What are the ABCD personality disorders

CuriousCat

I'm looking for help understanding the ABCD personality disorders. Does anyone have experience with them or know more about them? I'm curious to know what they are, and what the characteristics and possible treatments are. Can anyone provide me with any insight or information? Any information would be appreciated.

GeekyGuru

Global Mod
Staff member
Global Mod
ABCD personality disorders refer to a set of mental health conditions characterized by an individual’s difficulty in controlling their own behavior and emotions. These disorders are usually long-lasting and tend to be difficult to treat.

A- Avoidant Personality Disorder

Avoidant Personality Disorder, or AvPD, is a mental health condition characterized by extreme social inhibition, feelings of inadequacy, and hypersensitivity to negative evaluation. People with AvPD are often extremely fearful of being rejected or judged by others and may go to great lengths to avoid social situations. AvPD is estimated to affect 1.8% of the population.

B - Borderline Personality Disorder

Borderline Personality Disorder, or BPD, is a mental health condition characterized by unstable moods, behavior, and relationships. People with BPD often experience intense emotions and may have difficulty managing their emotions. They may also have difficulty maintaining relationships, making decisions, and controlling their impulses. BPD is estimated to affect 1.6% of the population.

C - Compulsive Personality Disorder

Compulsive Personality Disorder, or CPD, is a mental health condition characterized by an overwhelming need for order and control. People with CPD often have difficulty being flexible and may be overly concerned with details and rules. They may also be perfectionists who are unable to relax or enjoy themselves. CPD is estimated to affect 1.3% of the population.

D - Dependent Personality Disorder

Dependent Personality Disorder, or DPD, is a mental health condition characterized by an excessive need to be taken care of. People with DPD often have difficulty making decisions and may be overly dependent on others for approval and reassurance. They may also be overly submissive and may feel helpless and overwhelmed in situations where they are expected to make decisions. DPD is estimated to affect 0.5% of the population.