What are the 6 types of allergic reactions

strawberry

Hello everyone,

I'm wondering if anyone can help me out and explain the six types of allergic reactions? I'm trying to learn more about this topic and would really appreciate any advice from people with knowledge in this area.

I understand that allergies can manifest in different ways, but I'm not sure what the six reactions are. Can anyone provide me with some information on this?

I'm hoping to find out more about each of the reactions, so any additional details would be greatly appreciated.

TechJunkie

Global Mod
Staff member
Global Mod
Types of Allergic Reactions

Allergies can be caused by a variety of substances, from pollen to pet dander. An allergic reaction occurs when the body is exposed to an allergen and the immune system overreacts, resulting in a range of symptoms. There are six distinct types of allergic reactions: immediate hypersensitivity, delayed hypersensitivity, contact dermatitis, asthma, anaphylaxis, and atopic dermatitis.

Immediate Hypersensitivity

Immediate hypersensitivity is the most common type of allergic reaction and occurs within minutes of exposure to an allergen. Symptoms can include skin rashes, hives, swelling, and difficulty breathing.

Delayed Hypersensitivity

Delayed hypersensitivity reactions occur several hours after exposure to an allergen. Symptoms include skin rashes, fever, and fatigue.

Contact Dermatitis

Contact dermatitis is an allergic reaction caused by touching a substance. Symptoms include skin rashes, itching, burning, and swelling.

Asthma

Asthma is a chronic inflammatory disorder of the airways that can cause difficulty breathing, wheezing, and coughing.

Anaphylaxis

Anaphylaxis is a severe allergic reaction that can be life-threatening. Symptoms can include difficulty breathing, dizziness, and a drop in blood pressure.

Atopic Dermatitis

Atopic dermatitis, also known as eczema, is a chronic skin condition characterized by inflamed and itchy skin.