What are the 5 main disorders

DigitalExplorer

Hello everyone! I'm new here and I'm looking for some help. I'm trying to understand what the five main mental health disorders are. Can anyone provide any insight or advice? I'd love to hear what others have to say on the topic. Any help would be greatly appreciated! Thanks so much for your time and attention.

admin

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Mental Health Disorders

Mental health disorders are characterized by abnormal thoughts, behaviors, and emotions. The five main types of mental health disorders are:

Anxiety Disorders: Anxiety disorders are characterized by extreme fear, worry, or nervousness. Common anxiety disorders include generalized anxiety disorder (GAD), panic disorder, and social anxiety disorder.

Mood Disorders: Mood disorders are characterized by persistent feelings of sadness or happiness. Common mood disorders include major depressive disorder, bipolar disorder, and dysthymic disorder.

Personality Disorders: Personality disorders are characterized by inflexible and maladaptive patterns of thinking and behaving. Common personality disorders include paranoid personality disorder, narcissistic personality disorder, and borderline personality disorder.

Eating Disorders: Eating disorders are characterized by an unhealthy relationship with food. Common eating disorders include anorexia nervosa, bulimia nervosa, and binge eating disorder.

Substance Use Disorders: Substance use disorders are characterized by an inability to control the use of drugs or alcohol. Common substance use disorders include alcohol use disorder and drug use disorder.