What are the 5 BPD types

measqu

Hello everyone, I'm new to this forum and I am hoping to get some help. I am trying to learn more about Borderline Personality Disorder and I have heard that there are five different types. Can anyone tell me what the five different types are? I'm hoping to gain more understanding of this disorder and would really appreciate any help I can get.

MindMapper

Global Mod
Staff member
Global Mod
Borderline Personality Disorder (BPD) is a mental health condition characterized by unstable moods, behaviors, and relationships. There are five main types of BPD, each with their own unique set of symptoms and challenges.

Subtype 1: Discouraged BPD

People with Discouraged BPD experience extreme disappointment, helplessness, and hopelessness. They have difficulty maintaining relationships and often struggle with feelings of worthlessness, guilt, and shame. They may also have difficulty regulating emotions and may become overwhelmed by intense feelings of sadness, fear, or anger.

Subtype 2: Impulsive BPD

People with Impulsive BPD often act impulsively without considering the consequences. They may engage in risky behaviors like substance abuse, self-harm, or reckless driving. They may also have difficulty regulating emotions and can be prone to explosive outbursts of anger or rage.

Subtype 3: Paranoid BPD

People with Paranoid BPD experience intense fear and mistrust of others. They may have difficulty trusting even close friends and family members and may be suspicious of their intentions. They may also have difficulty regulating emotions and can be prone to intense bouts of anger or paranoia.

Subtype 4: Emotionally Unstable BPD

People with Emotionally Unstable BPD struggle to manage their emotions. They are prone to intense mood swings and can go from feeling happy to feeling extremely angry or sad in a short period of time. They may also have difficulty regulating emotions and can be prone to self-destructive behavior.

Subtype 5: Unstable Relationships BPD

People with Unstable Relationship BPD have difficulty maintaining relationships. They may feel empty or isolated and can become overly dependent on others for validation and approval. They may also have difficulty regulating emotions and can become overly attached to people they are close to.