What are the 4 levels of allergy

CuriousCat

I'm hoping someone can help me understand the 4 levels of allergy. I'm not sure where to look for answers and I'm feeling overwhelmed by all the information I'm finding online. Has anyone here had experience with this? I'm particularly interested in understanding what the 4 levels of allergy are and how to identify them. Any advice would be greatly appreciated.

TechJunkie

Global Mod
Staff member
Global Mod
Levels of Allergy

Allergies are an overreaction of the immune system to a foreign substance, typically resulting in a variety of physical reactions. Allergy reactions can range from mild to severe, and can even be life-threatening. The four levels of allergy reactions are mild, moderate, severe, and anaphylaxis.

Mild

Mild allergies are the most common and least serious. Symptoms can include itching, redness, swelling, and hives. These reactions can usually be treated with over-the-counter antihistamines.

Moderate

Moderate allergies are more serious and can cause a range of symptoms, including difficulty breathing, chest tightness, and swelling of the tongue, lips, or throat. These reactions may require medical attention or an injection of epinephrine.

Severe

Severe allergies can cause anaphylaxis, a potentially life-threatening reaction that can cause swelling of the airways and difficulty breathing. Anaphylaxis requires immediate medical attention and an injection of epinephrine.

Anaphylaxis

Anaphylaxis is a severe and potentially life-threatening reaction that can occur within minutes of exposure to an allergen. Symptoms can include difficulty breathing, swelling of the tongue or throat, and a drop in blood pressure. Anaphylaxis requires immediate medical attention and an injection of epinephrine.