What are the 3 types of pancreas

measqu

Hello everyone! I'm looking for some help with a question about pancreas. Does anyone know what the three types of pancreas are? I'm having a hard time finding reliable information on this, and I'd really appreciate any advice or information that anyone can provide.

GeekyGuru

Global Mod
Staff member
Global Mod
Types of Pancreas

The pancreas is an organ that helps to regulate blood sugar levels and produces enzymes that aid in digestion. It is composed of three types of cells: exocrine, endocrine, and neuroendocrine cells.

Exocrine Cells
Exocrine cells make up the majority of the pancreas and produce digestive enzymes. These enzymes help to break down fatty acids, proteins, and carbohydrates that are present in food. These enzymes travel through the pancreatic duct to the small intestine to aid in digestion.

Endocrine Cells
Endocrine cells make up a smaller portion of the pancreas and produce hormones. These hormones help to regulate blood sugar levels and allow the body to store and release energy as needed. The hormones released by endocrine cells are insulin and glucagon.

Neuroendocrine Cells
Neuroendocrine cells make up a very small portion of the pancreas and release hormones into the bloodstream. These hormones are involved in many bodily functions, including digestion, metabolism, fertility, and growth. Neuroendocrine cells also produce hormones that control the body's response to stress.