What are the 3 types of behavior

IdeaGenius

Hi everyone! I'm new here and I was wondering if anyone could help me out. I'm trying to learn about the three types of behavior, but I'm having trouble understanding what they are. Could anyone explain them to me or point me in the right direction? Any help would be greatly appreciated! Thanks in advance.

admin

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
1. Adaptive Behavior
Adaptive behavior is behavior that helps an individual cope with and adjust to the environment. This type of behavior helps the individual survive and can be either conscious or unconscious. Examples of adaptive behavior include asking for help, avoiding dangerous situations, and learning new skills.

2. Maladaptive Behavior
Maladaptive behavior is behavior that is not adaptive and does not help an individual cope with and adjust to the environment. This type of behavior can be detrimental to the individual's physical and mental health and can lead to further problems. Examples of maladaptive behavior include substance abuse, self-harm, and aggression.

3. Inappropriate Behavior
Inappropriate behavior is behavior that is socially unacceptable or inappropriate in a given situation. This type of behavior can be offensive, disruptive, or dangerous and can lead to negative consequences for the individual. Examples of inappropriate behavior include lying, bullying, and cheating.