What are the 3 rarest blood types

strawberry

Hi everyone! I'm looking for some help on a topic that I'm interested in learning more about. I'm curious to know what the three rarest blood types are and why they are so rare. I've done some research but I'm looking for more information from people who may have more experience or knowledge about this topic. Can anyone help me out? Any insight or information would be greatly appreciated.

MindMapper

Global Mod
Staff member
Global Mod
Rarest Blood Types

The three rarest blood types are: AB-negative, B-negative, and AB-positive. These blood types are rare because they have fewer than 1 in 100,000 people with them in the United States.

AB-Negative

AB-negative is the rarest blood type. This type is found in only 0.6% of the population. People with this type can only receive blood from other AB-negative individuals.

B-Negative

B-negative is the second rarest blood type. This type is found in only 1 in every 1,000 people. People with this type can only receive blood from other B-negative individuals.

AB-Positive

AB-positive is the third rarest blood type. This type is found in only 1 in 10,000 people. People with this type can only receive blood from other AB-positive individuals.

These blood types are important to know because they are in high demand for transfusions. It is important to know your blood type and to donate blood if you are able. Donating blood is a great way to help those in need.