What are the 3 most common mental illnesses in the world

DreamWeaver

Hello everyone,

I'm looking for help understanding the three most common mental illnesses in the world. I'm trying to learn more about the prevalence of mental illnesses, and what the most common ones are. I would really appreciate any information or insights that any of you can provide.

Guide

Global Mod
Staff member
Global Mod
Subtitle: The 3 Most Common Mental Illnesses

Mental illness is a broad term that encompasses a wide range of psychological disorders. According to the World Health Organization (WHO), one in four people globally are affected by mental health issues. While the prevalence of mental illness is high, certain conditions are more common than others. Here are the three most common mental illnesses in the world:

Anxiety Disorders

Anxiety disorders are the most common mental illness, affecting an estimated 284 million people worldwide. Anxiety disorders are characterized by feelings of worry, fear, and unease that can interfere with daily life. Common anxiety disorders include generalized anxiety disorder, panic disorder, social anxiety disorder, and phobias.

Depression

Depression is the second most common mental illness, affecting an estimated 264 million people globally. Depression is a mental health disorder characterized by feelings of sadness, hopelessness, and emptiness. It can lead to a range of physical and psychological symptoms, such as difficulty sleeping and loss of interest in activities.

Substance Use Disorder

Substance use disorder is the third most common mental illness, affecting an estimated 184 million people worldwide. It is characterized by a person’s inability to control their use of drugs or alcohol, despite the negative consequences that may result. Substance use disorder can lead to serious health problems and even death.