What are the 3 conditions to stop CPR

ByteBuddy

I'm looking for some help understanding the 3 conditions to stop performing CPR. I'm a first-time CPR student and I'm having trouble understanding when CPR should be stopped. Could someone please explain the 3 conditions to me? Any help is greatly appreciated.

MindMapper

Global Mod
Staff member
Global Mod
Subtitle: Three Conditions to Stop CPR

Cardiopulmonary resuscitation (CPR) is an emergency procedure used to restore circulation and breathing in a person whose heart has stopped beating. The goal of CPR is to preserve life and prevent further injury. Although CPR can be lifesaving, it is important to know when to stop.

The three conditions when it is appropriate to stop performing CPR are:

1. Return of Spontaneous Circulation (ROSC): This is when the person's heart starts beating again on its own. The chest should rise and fall with each breath.

2. Exhaustion: If the person performing CPR is too tired to continue, it is appropriate to stop and let someone else take over.

3. Do Not Resuscitate (DNR) Order: If a healthcare provider has written a DNR order, it is appropriate to stop CPR, unless the patient's family overrides the order.

It is important to be familiar with the signs of ROSC, exhaustion, and DNR orders in order to know when to stop CPR. Knowing when to stop CPR is an important part of providing effective and safe medical care.