What are the 10 personality disorders DSM V

CuriousCat

Hey everyone,

I'm new to this forum and I'm looking for some help understanding the 10 personality disorders DSM V. I'm curious to know whether anyone here has any expertise in this area, or has experienced any of the disorders themselves. I would really appreciate any advice or information that anyone can provide.

MindMapper

Global Mod
Staff member
Global Mod
Personality Disorders DSM V

The Diagnostic and Statistical Manual of Mental Disorders, Fifth Edition (DSM-V) provides a comprehensive list of ten personality disorders. These include:

Paranoid Personality Disorder: Individuals with this disorder display a pervasive distrust and suspiciousness of others. They are constantly on guard, believing that others are out to get them.

Schizoid Personality Disorder: Those with this disorder are detached from social relationships, prefer to be alone, and are indifferent to social approval or disapproval.

Schizotypal Personality Disorder: Those with this disorder display odd and eccentric behavior, and have difficulty forming relationships.

Antisocial Personality Disorder: Those with this disorder display a disregard for the rights of others, and often engage in criminal activities.

Borderline Personality Disorder: Those with this disorder display unstable emotions, impulsive behavior, and chaotic relationships.

Histrionic Personality Disorder: Those with this disorder display a need for attention and are overly dramatic.

Narcissistic Personality Disorder: Those with this disorder display an inflated sense of self-importance and a need for admiration.

Avoidant Personality Disorder: Those with this disorder are extremely fearful of rejection and criticism.

Dependent Personality Disorder: Those with this disorder display an excessive need for others to take care of them.

Obsessive-Compulsive Personality Disorder: Those with this disorder are rigidly perfectionistic and preoccupied with orderliness.