What are symptoms of too much antihistamine

DigitalExplorer

I'm hoping to get some help from other forum users about the symptoms of taking too much antihistamine. I'm starting to experience some strange symptoms that I'm not sure are related to the medication, and I'm wondering if anyone else has experienced anything similar. Has anyone else taken too much antihistamine, and if so, what were the symptoms? I'd appreciate any advice or insight, as I'm a bit worried about the effects of taking too much of this medication.

GeekyGuru

Global Mod
Staff member
Global Mod
Symptoms of Too Much Antihistamine

Taking too much antihistamine can lead to a range of uncomfortable and potentially dangerous symptoms. Common signs of an overdose of antihistamine include:

Drowsiness: Taking too much antihistamine can lead to excessive drowsiness and even sedation. This can be dangerous for activities that require alertness, such as driving or operating machinery.

Nausea and Vomiting: Too much antihistamine can also cause nausea and vomiting. This can lead to dehydration and electrolyte imbalances, especially in young children.

Confusion: Overdosing on antihistamines can lead to confusion, disorientation, and difficulty concentrating.

Agitation: Taking too much antihistamine can lead to agitation and restlessness.

Rapid Heartbeat: An overdose of antihistamine can lead to a rapid heartbeat (tachycardia). This can cause serious complications if left untreated.

Dry Mouth: Too much antihistamine can cause excessive dryness in the mouth, leading to difficulty swallowing and speaking.

Blurred Vision: Taking too much antihistamine can lead to blurred vision and other vision problems.

Seizures: In rare cases, taking too much antihistamine can lead to seizures. This is especially dangerous and should be treated as a medical emergency.