What are my first symptoms of pancreatitis

DigitalExplorer

"Hello, I'm new to this forum and need some help. I'm worried that I may have pancreatitis and would like to know what the early symptoms are. Has anyone here experienced pancreatitis before and can share what their first symptoms were? I'm looking for any advice or information that might help me. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

KnowledgeKnight

Global Mod
Staff member
Global Mod
Pancreatitis is an inflammation of the pancreas, a large organ located behind your stomach. It can occur suddenly, known as acute pancreatitis, or gradually over time, known as chronic pancreatitis. Common symptoms of pancreatitis include abdominal pain, nausea, vomiting, and fever.

Symptoms of Acute Pancreatitis

The most common symptom of acute pancreatitis is severe abdominal pain. It can be sharp or dull and may radiate to other areas of your body, such as your back. Other symptoms may include:

- Nausea and vomiting

- Loss of appetite

- Fever

- Rapid heart rate

- Rapid breathing

- Swollen abdomen

- Oily, foul-smelling stools

Symptoms of Chronic Pancreatitis

The most common symptom of chronic pancreatitis is abdominal pain. It may be mild or severe and may come and go. Other symptoms may include:

- Weight loss

- Oily, smelly stools

- Pain in the upper abdomen that radiates to the back

- Nausea and vomiting

- Bloating or indigestion

- Blood in the stool

- Jaundice (yellowing of the skin and eyes)

- Diabetes (high blood sugar)

- Nutritional deficiencies

If you are experiencing any of the symptoms of pancreatitis, it's important to talk to your doctor. Your doctor can recommend tests to determine if you have pancreatitis and the best course of treatment.