What are five basic first aid

DigitalExplorer

I'm new to first aid and I'm looking for some help. What are the five basic first aid steps everyone should know? I'm sure there's more, but I'd like to get the basics down first. Can anyone provide some guidance? Any tips or advice would be greatly appreciated.

Guide

Global Mod
Staff member
Global Mod
Subtitle: Basic First Aid

Basic First Aid is a set of skills and knowledge that enable a person to provide initial care for an injury or illness. It is important for everyone to know basic first aid, as it can save lives and help prevent further injury. Here are five basic first aid skills that everyone should know:

1. Bleeding Control: Bleeding is a common injury that can occur in any situation. Knowing how to control bleeding is an essential first aid skill. To control bleeding, apply direct pressure to the wound with a sterile bandage or cloth.

2. Shock Management: Shock can occur after an injury or illness and is a life-threatening condition. Signs of shock include pale, clammy skin, confusion, and rapid, shallow breathing. To manage shock, lay the person down and elevate their feet higher than their head.

3. Burn Care: Burns are a common injury that can range from mild to severe. To treat a burn, cool the area with cool, running water for 10-20 minutes. Then, cover the burn with a sterile bandage or cloth.

4. CPR: Cardiopulmonary resuscitation (CPR) is a life-saving skill that everyone should know. It involves chest compressions and rescue breaths to restore circulation and breathing.

5. Choking Relief: Choking is another life-threatening condition that requires immediate attention. Abdominal thrusts can help relieve choking. To perform abdominal thrusts, stand behind the person and wrap your arms around their waist. Then, make a fist with one hand and place it just above the person’s belly button. Grasp your fist with the other hand and quickly push into the abdomen.