What are external findings of asphyxia

DreamWeaver

"Hi everyone,

I'm looking for help understanding the external findings of asphyxia. I heard that it can have various physical signs, but I'm not sure what they are. Can anyone provide me with some information about the external findings of asphyxia?

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

admin

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Subtitle: External Findings of Asphyxia

Asphyxia is a condition in which the body is deprived of sufficient oxygen, resulting in unconsciousness and sometimes death. It can be caused by a variety of different situations, from choking to drowning to blocked airways. When someone has been asphyxiated, there are often external physical findings that can be seen.

Cyanosis is a common sign of asphyxia, and is characterized by a blue or gray discoloration of the skin due to lack of oxygen in the blood. It is usually most notable around the lips and fingers.

Petechiae are small red or purple dots that can be seen on the skin caused by the rupture of small blood vessels. They can be a sign of asphyxia, as well as other conditions.

Pulmonary Edema is an accumulation of fluid in the lungs. It can be caused by asphyxia, and is often accompanied by a cough, difficulty breathing, and chest pain.

Cardiac Arrest is a medical emergency in which the heart stops beating. It is a possible outcome of asphyxia, and can be fatal if not treated quickly.

Hypotonia is a decrease in muscle tone and can be a sign of asphyxia. It can cause the body to become limp and unresponsive.

Coma is a deep state of unconsciousness that can be caused by asphyxia. It can last for days, weeks, or even longer, depending on the severity of the asphyxia.

These are some of the external findings of asphyxia that can be seen when someone has been deprived of oxygen. If you suspect that someone has been asphyxiated, it is important to seek medical attention immediately.