What are common side effects after choking

DigitalExplorer

Hello everyone, I'm new to this forum and I need help. I recently experienced a choking incident and I'm wondering what are some of the common side effects I might experience afterwards. Are there any long-term health risks associated with choking? Is there anything I can do to help manage any symptoms? I would really appreciate any advice or information that you can provide. Thank you in advance.

admin

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Common Side Effects:

Shortness of Breath

One of the most common side effects after choking is shortness of breath. This can be a result of the airway being blocked and the body not being able to get enough oxygen. Symptoms of shortness of breath include feeling out of breath, difficulty breathing, and tightness in the chest.

Wheezing

Another common side effect of choking is wheezing. This is usually caused by the airway becoming constricted due to the presence of food or other objects. Symptoms of wheezing include a whistling sound when breathing, difficulty breathing, and a feeling of a tight chest.

Coughing

Coughing is another common side effect after choking. This is due to the body trying to clear the airways of the object that is blocking them. Symptoms of coughing include a dry or wet cough, chest pain, and a feeling of tightness in the chest.

Hoarseness

Hoarseness is another common side effect after choking. This is caused by the vocal cords becoming irritated due to the presence of food or other objects. Symptoms of hoarseness include a scratchy or raspy voice, difficulty speaking, and a feeling of tightness in the throat.

Fainting

Fainting is a rare but possible side effect after choking. This is caused by a lack of oxygen to the brain due to the airway being blocked. Symptoms of fainting include feeling lightheaded, dizziness, and a loss of consciousness.