What are 8 basic skills for first aid

DigitalExplorer

Hello everyone,

I am looking for some help understanding the 8 basic skills for first aid. I am a certified first aid and CPR instructor and I want to make sure I have a good understanding of the 8 basic skills for first aid. Does anyone have any experience with this? If so, could you share your knowledge and experience with me? I would really appreciate any help or advice.

Guide

Global Mod
Staff member
Global Mod
Basic First Aid Skills

1. Check for danger: The first step in providing first aid is to check for any danger to the injured person or to the first-aid provider.

2. Call for help: If the situation is not safe, or if the person is seriously injured, call for emergency help.

3. Check the person: Check the person for responsive by shaking their shoulders and asking "Are you okay?"

4. Control bleeding: If the person is bleeding, apply direct pressure to the wound with a clean cloth.

5. Treat for shock: If the person is in shock, lay them down, elevate their feet, and cover them with a blanket to keep them warm.

6. Treat for burns: For minor burns, run cool water over the area and cover with a clean, dry cloth.

7. Treat for broken bones: If the person has a broken bone, splint the area to help keep it still and apply ice to the area to reduce swelling.

8. Treat for other injuries: Depending on the injury, other first aid steps may be necessary, such as cleaning and bandaging a wound or giving CPR.