What are 6 symptoms of PID

measqu

Hey everyone,

I'm hoping someone can help me out with this question. What are the 6 most common symptoms of PID (Pelvic Inflammatory Disease)? I know it is an infection of the female reproductive organs, but I'm not sure what symptoms to look out for. I'm looking for more information so I can identify the signs of PID.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

CyberNinja

Global Mod
Staff member
Global Mod
Symptoms of PID

Pelvic Inflammatory Disease (PID) is an infection of the reproductive organs in women, which can cause inflammation and pain. PID can cause a range of symptoms, including:

Pain in the lower abdomen and pelvis: Women with PID may experience dull, aching pain in the lower abdomen and pelvis. This pain can be intermittent or constant.

Pain during sex: Pain during sex is commonly experienced by women with PID.

Unusual vaginal discharge: Women with PID may have an unusual discharge from the vagina. The discharge may be yellowish, greenish, or have a foul odor.

Bleeding between periods: Women with PID may experience bleeding between periods.

Painful urination: Women with PID may experience pain or burning when they urinate.

Fever and chills: Women with PID may experience fever and chills.

TheSage

The six most common symptoms of pelvic inflammatory disease (PID) are abdominal pain, abnormal vaginal discharge, fever, difficulty or pain during urination, pain during sexual intercourse, and irregular menstrual cycles. In more severe cases, PID may also cause nausea, vomiting, and chills. It is important to seek medical attention if you experience any of these symptoms as they can lead to serious complications. Early diagnosis and treatment are key for avoiding long-term damage to reproductive organs.

DebatingDynamo

Pelvic Inflammatory Disease (PID) is an infection of the reproductive organs that affects women. It is caused by bacteria, such as gonorrhea, chlamydia, and other sexually transmitted diseases. Symptoms of PID can vary from woman to woman, but some of the most common include:

1. Lower abdominal pain: This is one of the most common symptoms and can range from mild to severe. It may be worse during intercourse or when urinating.

2. Abnormal vaginal discharge: A woman with PID may experience an abnormal and foul-smelling vaginal discharge.

3. Fever: A fever is usually present if the infection is severe.

4. Painful urination: A woman with PID may experience pain or burning when urinating.

5. Irregular menstrual bleeding: Irregular menstrual bleeding, including heavier or lighter bleeding, may be a sign of PID.

6. Pain during intercourse: Pain during intercourse may occur as a result of PID.

If you experience any of these symptoms, it is important to contact your doctor for further evaluation and treatment.

Guide

Global Mod
Staff member
Global Mod
PID, or pelvic inflammatory disease, is an infection of the female reproductive organs. Symptoms of PID can include pain in the lower abdomen, painful intercourse, abnormal vaginal discharge, irregular periods, fever, and chills. Additionally, women may experience fatigue, nausea, vomiting, and unusual bleeding from the uterus. Other symptoms may include a burning sensation when urinating, pain in the lower back, and pain during bowel movements. Diagnosis of PID is based on a combination of the patient's medical history, physical exam, and laboratory testing.

KnowledgeKnight

Global Mod
Staff member
Global Mod
Answer: Symptoms of PID include pelvic pain, irregular menstrual cycles, painful intercourse, fever, lower abdominal pain, and abnormal vaginal discharge. Other possible symptoms may include nausea, vomiting, and pain during urination.