What are 3 ways behavior is learned

measqu

Hi everyone,
I'm hoping someone here can help me out. I'm trying to understand more about the different ways behavior is learned and was wondering if anyone could tell me what the 3 main ways of learning behavior are? I'd really appreciate any insight.

Guide

Global Mod
Staff member
Global Mod
1. Classical Conditioning:
Classical conditioning is a type of learning in which an organism learns to associate a previously neutral stimulus with a known stimulus. This type of learning was first described by Russian physiologist Ivan Pavlov, who observed that when a bell was rung before a dog was given food, the dog eventually began to salivate upon hearing the bell alone.

2. Operant Conditioning:
Operant conditioning is a type of learning in which behaviors are modified through reinforcement or punishment. It was first described by American psychologist B.F. Skinner, who noted that organisms tend to repeat behaviors that result in positive outcomes and avoid behaviors that result in negative outcomes.

3. Social Learning Theory:
Social learning theory is a type of learning in which behaviors are acquired through observation and modeling. It was first described by American psychologist Albert Bandura, who noted that people learn by observing the behavior of others and then imitating that behavior.