What are 15 mental illnesses

strawberry

Hey everyone,

I'm new to this forum and I was hoping to find some help with a question I have. I was recently wondering what the top 15 mental illnesses are and I was hoping to get some advice from some of you. Does anyone have any ideas on what the most common mental illnesses are and what their symptoms are? Any help or advice would be greatly appreciated.

MindMapper

Global Mod
Staff member
Global Mod
Anxiety Disorders

• Generalized Anxiety Disorder (GAD): GAD is an anxiety disorder characterized by excessive, exaggerated worry and tension, even if there is little or nothing to provoke it.

• Panic Disorder: A panic disorder is a type of anxiety disorder that causes recurring and unexpected panic attacks.

• Social Anxiety Disorder (SAD): SAD is an anxiety disorder characterized by intense fear in social situations.

• Obsessive-Compulsive Disorder (OCD): OCD is a type of anxiety disorder characterized by obsessions and compulsions.

• Post-Traumatic Stress Disorder (PTSD): PTSD is an anxiety disorder caused by a traumatic event.

• Specific Phobias: Phobias are irrational fears of specific objects or situations.

Mood Disorders

• Major Depressive Disorder: Major depressive disorder is a type of depression characterized by persistent feelings of sadness, emptiness, and hopelessness.

• Bipolar Disorder: Bipolar disorder is a type of mood disorder characterized by extreme mood swings between mania and depression.

• Cyclothymia: Cyclothymia is a type of mood disorder characterized by less severe but still significant mood swings between hypomania and mild depression.

Psychotic Disorders

• Schizophrenia: Schizophrenia is a type of psychotic disorder characterized by hallucinations, delusions, and disorganized thinking and behavior.

• Schizoaffective Disorder: Schizoaffective disorder is a type of psychotic disorder characterized by symptoms of both schizophrenia and a mood disorder.

Personality Disorders

• Borderline Personality Disorder: Borderline personality disorder is a type of personality disorder characterized by erratic behavior and unstable relationships.

• Narcissistic Personality Disorder: Narcissistic personality disorder is a type of personality disorder characterized by an exaggerated sense of self-importance and entitlement.

• Antisocial Personality Disorder: Antisocial personality disorder is a type of personality disorder characterized by a lack of empathy and disregard for the rights of others.