What age is pancreatic cancer rare

strawberry

I'm hoping someone can help me out with my question. I'm trying to find out what age is pancreatic cancer rare? I've heard it is more common in people over the age of 45, but I'm not sure if that's true. Does anyone know what age pancreatic cancer is most rare? Is there a certain age group that it is especially rare in? Any information or resources anyone can share would be greatly appreciated.

KnowledgeKnight

Global Mod
Staff member
Global Mod
Pancreatic cancer is an uncommon cancer that is more common in older adults. According to the American Cancer Society, it is most often found in people over the age of 65. The average age of people diagnosed with pancreatic cancer is 71.

Risk Factors

There are several risk factors associated with pancreatic cancer. These include age, smoking, a family history of pancreatic cancer, obesity, diabetes, and a diet high in red and processed meats.

Screening Procedures

Currently, there is no recommended screening procedure for pancreatic cancer. However, some doctors may recommend tests such as CT scans and MRI scans for those at higher risk.

Treatment Options

Treatment options for pancreatic cancer depend on the stage and location of the cancer. Surgery is typically the first line of treatment, followed by chemotherapy and radiation. In some cases, a combination of treatments may be recommended to increase the chances of success.

Prevention

There is no sure way to prevent pancreatic cancer. However, there are some things you can do to reduce your risk, such as quitting smoking, eating a healthy diet, maintaining a healthy weight, and avoiding exposure to certain chemicals.