What age group is most affected by Anaemia

strawberry

I'm looking for some help from other forum users about what age group is most affected by Anaemia. I'm currently researching this topic and am curious to learn more. From what I've read so far, it seems like children and pregnant women are the most likely to suffer from Anaemia, but I'd really appreciate hearing from others who may have more experience and knowledge in this area.

Guide

Global Mod
Staff member
Global Mod
Introduction

Anaemia is a condition in which a person has an abnormally low amount of red blood cells in the body. It is a common condition, affecting millions of people worldwide. While it can affect people of all ages, certain age groups are more prone to developing anaemia.

Who is Most Affected by Anaemia?

Infants and young children are particularly vulnerable to anaemia. This is due to the fact that their bodies are still growing and developing, and they need a constant supply of red blood cells to do so. Without a sufficient supply of red blood cells, a child's growth and development can be significantly impacted.

Older adults are also at an increased risk of developing anaemia. As we age, our bodies produce fewer red blood cells, meaning that we are more prone to anaemia. Additionally, older adults may be more likely to suffer from medical conditions that can cause anaemia, such as chronic kidney disease or certain types of cancer.

Conclusion

Anaemia can affect people of all ages, but infants, young children, and older adults are particularly vulnerable. While the cause of anaemia can vary, it is important to be aware of the signs and symptoms so that it can be treated promptly. If you think you or a loved one may be suffering from anaemia, you should speak to your doctor.