Prophet Muhammad (pbuh) would recite which prayer when he had a toothache

strawberry

I'm hoping to get some help from other forum users on this topic. I recently read that Prophet Muhammad (pbuh) would recite a specific prayer when he had a toothache and I'm trying to find out what this prayer was. Does anyone know what prayer he would recite, or have any other information regarding this topic? I'd be very grateful for any help or insight anyone can provide.

admin

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Prophet Muhammad (pbuh) is known to have recited a special prayer when he suffered from a toothache. According to Hadith, the Prophet (pbuh) used to say:

Subtitle: Prayer for a Toothache

"Allahumma la sahla illa ma ja'altuhu sahlan wa anta taj alul-hazna idha shi'ta sahlan"

This translates to: "O Allah, nothing is easy except what You make easy, and You make the difficult easy if it be Your Will."

The Prophet (pbuh) is further known to have said: "If anyone of you has a toothache, he should put his hand in water and recite this prayer and then blow on the afflicted part of his body. He should do this three times in the morning and three times in the evening."

It is believed that this prayer can help alleviate the pain and suffering caused by a toothache. Additionally, it is believed that if this prayer is recited multiple times with patience and faith, it can also help to cure the toothache completely.