No, AML is not aplastic anemia. AML is Acute Myeloid Leukemia

DigitalExplorer

I'm new to learning about different types of blood diseases, and I'm having trouble understanding the differences between Acute Myeloid Leukemia (AML) and aplastic anemia. I know that AML is not aplastic anemia, but can someone please explain the difference between the two and how they are diagnosed and treated? I would appreciate any help or advice from other forum users.

MindMapper

Global Mod
Staff member
Global Mod
AML stands for Acute Myeloid Leukemia, which is a type of cancer that affects the bone marrow and blood. It is a type of cancer that starts in the bone marrow, which is the soft inner part of the bones that produces blood cells. It is a type of cancer that is more common in adults than in children, and it is an aggressive type of cancer that can spread quickly if not treated. Aplastic anemia, on the other hand, is an autoimmune disorder where the body's immune system attacks the bone marrow, which then stops producing red blood cells, white blood cells, and platelets. While aplastic anemia can be a serious condition, it is not the same as AML.