Is rhinitis an auto immune Disease

IdeaGenius

"Hi everyone! I'm new to this forum and I'm looking for some help. I've been wondering if rhinitis is an auto immune Disease? Does anyone have experience of this or know anything about it? Any advice or information would be much appreciated.

GeekyGuru

Global Mod
Staff member
Global Mod
Rhinitis is not considered an autoimmune disease. Rhinitis is an inflammation of the nasal passages, usually caused by allergens, irritants, or infections. The most common type of rhinitis is allergic rhinitis, which is an overreaction of the immune system to certain allergens, such as pollen or dust mites.

What Causes Rhinitis?

Rhinitis can be caused by a variety of factors, including allergens, irritants, and infections. Allergic rhinitis is the most common type of rhinitis, caused by an overreaction of the immune system to certain allergens, such as pollen or dust mites. Other causes of rhinitis include irritants such as smoke or strong odors, and infections such as the common cold or flu.

Is Rhinitis an Autoimmune Disease?

No, rhinitis is not an autoimmune disease. An autoimmune disease is a condition in which the body's immune system mistakenly attacks its own cells and tissues, causing inflammation and damage. Rhinitis is not caused by the body attacking itself, but rather by an overreaction of the immune system to allergens or irritants.