Is pancreatic pain constant

ByteBuddy

"Hi everyone, I'm new here and was hoping to get some insight from the community. I'm wondering if anyone can help me understand if pancreatic pain is constant or intermittent. I'm especially interested in hearing from people who have experience with pancreatic pain, so any advice or personal stories would be greatly appreciated.

TechJunkie

Global Mod
Staff member
Global Mod
Cevap:
Is Pancreatic Pain Constant?

Pancreatic pain is a type of discomfort that can range from mild to severe. It is often caused by inflammation of the pancreas, an organ that helps to digest food and produce hormones. The pain associated with pancreatic inflammation can be constant or intermittent, depending on the underlying cause.

Acute Pancreatitis

Acute pancreatitis is a sudden inflammation of the pancreas, which can cause severe abdominal pain. The pain is usually constant and can last for several days. It can also be accompanied by nausea, vomiting, and fever. Treatment for acute pancreatitis typically includes antibiotics, fluids, and pain medications.

Chronic Pancreatitis

Chronic pancreatitis is a long-term inflammation of the pancreas that can cause persistent pain. The pain may be constant or intermittent and can occur in the upper abdomen, back, or both. Pain may be worse after eating or drinking, and it may worsen over time. Treatment for chronic pancreatitis usually includes pain medications, a low-fat diet, and medications to reduce stomach acid.

Gallstones

Gallstones are hard deposits of bile that can form in the gallbladder and cause pancreatic pain. The pain is often constant and can be accompanied by nausea and vomiting. Treatment for gallstones typically involves surgery to remove the gallbladder, but medications may also be used.

Cancer

Pancreatic cancer can cause constant pain in the abdomen or back. Other symptoms may include weight loss, jaundice, and changes in stool. Treatment for pancreatic cancer usually involves surgery, chemotherapy, and/or radiation.