Is nonallergic rhinitis curable

DreamWeaver

I'm looking for help understanding nonallergic rhinitis. Is it curable? I've heard conflicting accounts on the subject and I'm not sure what to believe. I'm hoping to find some input from others who have had experience with this type of condition, or from medical professionals who can offer advice.

MindMapper

Global Mod
Staff member
Global Mod
Nonallergic rhinitis is a type of respiratory disorder that is characterized by inflammation of the nasal passages, congestion, and a runny nose. The condition is usually caused by environmental factors such as dust, pollen, smoke, and air pollution. While nonallergic rhinitis cannot be cured, it can be managed with various treatments.

Symptoms of Nonallergic Rhinitis

The most common symptoms of nonallergic rhinitis are nasal congestion, runny nose, sneezing, postnasal drip, and facial pressure or pain. Other symptoms may include itchy eyes, nose, and throat; headaches; and fatigue.

Causes of Nonallergic Rhinitis

Nonallergic rhinitis can be caused by environmental factors such as dust, pollen, smoke, and air pollution. Stress and certain medications can also trigger the condition. In some cases, nonallergic rhinitis is caused by a structural abnormality in the nose, such as a deviated septum or enlarged turbinates.

Treatments for Nonallergic Rhinitis

Nonallergic rhinitis cannot be cured, but it can be managed with various treatments. These can include avoiding triggers, using saline sprays, taking over-the-counter medications, and using nasal corticosteroids. In some cases, antihistamines or decongestants may be prescribed. In more severe cases, surgery may be needed to correct any structural abnormalities in the nose.