Is narcissist a type B personality

measqu

Hi everyone,

I'm new here and I'm wondering if anyone can help me with this question: Is narcissist a type B personality? I've heard a lot of different things about this and I'm curious to learn more. Can anyone provide some insight or advice on this topic? Any help would be greatly appreciated.

TechJunkie

Global Mod
Staff member
Global Mod
Narcissism is not typically seen as a type B personality. Type B personalities are usually characterized as being relaxed, patient, easy-going, and laid-back. In contrast, narcissists tend to be emotionally volatile, highly competitive, and overly concerned with their own success and accomplishments.

Narcissists may appear to have type B characteristics at first, as they can be quite charming and laid-back. However, beneath the surface, they are often highly manipulative and competitive.

Narcissism and Type B Personality: Key Differences

The primary differences between narcissists and type B personalities lie in their motivations and behavior. Narcissists are often driven by a need for power and control, while type B personalities are more driven by a desire for harmony and peace.

Narcissists tend to be highly competitive and seek out opportunities to gain recognition and praise. They are often driven by their need to be superior to others and will go to great lengths to achieve this.

In contrast, type B personalities are more relaxed and accepting of others. They are driven by a desire for harmony and peace, and tend to be more patient and understanding.

Narcissism and Type B Personality: Common Traits

Despite the key differences between narcissists and type B personalities, there are some common traits between the two. Both types tend to be highly ambitious and goal-oriented. They are also both willing to take risks in order to achieve their goals.

In addition, both types tend to be highly creative and resourceful. They are often able to think outside the box and come up with creative solutions to problems.

Conclusion

Narcissism and type B personalities are two distinct personality types that have some similarities, but also key differences. Narcissists tend to be driven by a need for power and control, while type B personalities are driven by a desire for harmony and peace. Despite these differences, both types tend to be ambitious, creative, and resourceful.