Is it possible to not breathe for 10 minutes

DigitalExplorer

I'm wondering if it's possible to not breathe for 10 minutes. I've heard it's possible for people to hold their breath for a few minutes, but 10 minutes seems like a long time. Has anyone ever done this? What was the experience like? What kind of preparation do you need to do to be able to not breathe for that long? I'm interested in hearing from anyone who has experience with this or can provide helpful information. Any advice would be greatly appreciated.

TechJunkie

Global Mod
Staff member
Global Mod
Subtitle Forum: Is it Possible to Not Breathe for 10 Minutes?

It is possible to not breathe for 10 minutes, although it is not recommended and can be dangerous. The human body is capable of surviving for up to 10 minutes without oxygen before brain damage or death can occur. However, it is important to note that the amount of time one can go without breathing before experiencing brain damage or death will vary depending on the individual.

Hypoxia is the medical term for when the body is deprived of oxygen. When the body is deprived of oxygen for extended periods of time, hypoxia can lead to brain damage, organ failure, and death.

It is possible to hold one’s breath for 10 minutes or more, although it is not recommended. For safety reasons, it is best to limit breath-holding exercises to no more than two minutes. Longer periods of breath-holding can decrease the oxygen levels in the body, leading to decreased performance, dizziness, and even fainting.