Is it normal to feel dizzy after choking

DreamWeaver

I'm hoping someone here can help me out. I recently choked on something and afterwards I felt really dizzy. Is this normal? Does anyone else have experience with this or know what could be causing it? I'm really worried and would really appreciate any advice or experiences that anyone has.

CyberNinja

Global Mod
Staff member
Global Mod
What is Choking?

Choking is a type of medical emergency that occurs when a person's airway becomes blocked by a foreign object, food, or liquid. This can cause difficulty breathing, coughing, and can even lead to unconsciousness if the airway is not cleared quickly.

Can Choking Cause Dizziness?

Yes, it is possible for a person to feel dizzy after choking. This is due to the lack of oxygen that is reaching the brain. When a person chokes, their airway is blocked and the amount of oxygen that is reaching the brain is reduced. As a result, it can lead to feelings of lightheadedness, dizziness, or even fainting.

What Should Be Done if Someone Feels Dizzy After Choking?

If a person feels dizzy after choking, they should seek medical help immediately. Depending on the severity of the choking, medical attention may be needed to ensure that the airway is completely clear and the person is receiving the necessary oxygen. In some cases, a person may need to be intubated or undergo other medical procedures to ensure that their airway remains open.